Monday, November 8, 2010

Paper Cupcakes - Non-traditional Christmas

This is my second week playing along with the Paper Cupcakes Design Team and this week the challenge is to make a Christmas card using non-traditional colors. 

Well, you can’t get too much more non-traditional than pink metallic.  There is red and green in the Eskimo Kisses Decorative Paper by BasicGrey, but I pulled out the pink and blue to use with Candy Cane Cupcake.  One of our favorite shows is Cupcake Wars and this sweet treat makes me think of something you would see on there.   Can’t you just see it, a mint chocolate chip cupcake with peppermint butter cream frosting and crushed chocolate bits sprinkled on top with a candy cane adornment.  Ok, now my mouth is watering. 

Most of this card is pretty straight forward.  I used the Eskimo Kisses designer paper paired with Bashful Blue and the metallic pink card stock.  I used an SRM sticker for the sentiment and added a sheer bow.  I really like the final element.  I cut out the border using a die from the Butterfly set from Spellbinders.  What did I cut it out of????  The plastic packaging from the die.  I store my dies on magnet sheets in my cabinet, so the packaging can be easily recycled.  It adds a nice element without being too busy.

Now go check out what the rest of the Paper Cupcakes Team has done with this weeks challenge at http://theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kimme,

    Lovely card, super colours you have chosen and great papers.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimme - your card is adorable, the colors are so sweet! So glad to have you with us this month! Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE!! I love that cuppy cake (and the metallic pink is perfect!)). Congrats on being on the DT..I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kimmie - Please forgive me for not welcoming you last week - I never got around to any comments last week as it was super busy. So anyways a big welcome to you as guest designer for Paper Cupcakes - I was September guest designer and have stayed on till December - it has been a lot of fun working with Nina's images. I love what you did with your card - I love the colors you used - they really do work well together and are perfect for the cupcake image - I too have some of that eskimo paper and it is so much fun to use!
    Your layout is fabulous too - I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue color of the cupcake, looks so yummy! Perfect card for the challenge! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :)