Thursday, May 29, 2008


OK, so I know I have not been posting much, so I decided to add another project this week. I did this a few weeks ago. I was cleaning my kitchen and decided that it needed a little spicing up. I pulled out the rub ons I got during Sale-A-Bration and jazzed things up. Now I get to smile every morning as I reach for the coffee.

Old School No Layers

Our Sassy challenge this week was to make a one layer or no layer card (depending on how you define it.) This took me back to my stamping roots. Back when I started out there was no DP and I was too cheap to add too many layers to my cards, so I tried to make due with as much plain cs as I could. Stamping has developed quite a bit since then and I have been transformed into using lots of layers and dp on my cards. This was a stretch for me to go back and not use anything. I also eliminated all accessories, I just stamped.


Stamps: Text and Texture, Canvas, All in a Row
Paper: More Mustard
Ink: More Mustard, Old Olive, Ruby Red
Techniques: Sponging, masking

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lovely Lady

This weeks Sassy Challenge was to make a Lovely Lady card, was actually to make a Rubber Romance Lady card, but I didn't have any of those so I improvised. I just received this MFT Can You Dig It stamp set this weekend from my Sassy Sister Frances (StampOwl) and had to use it. I think this perfect little lady looks to be all decked out as she digs in her garden.

Stamps: MFT-Can You Dig It
Paper: Old Olive, More Mustard, PTI White, K&Co Urban Rhapsody
Ink: Brilliance Basic Black, Copic Markers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Princess Card

Sorry I have been MIA from the blog world for the past month. Wow, I didn't realize it was that long. I have been creating, but by time I finish my creations I am too tired to upload them. I knew I HAD to publish this card though.

The Sassy Challenge for this week was to make a card fit for a Princess (that would be me.) I guess I really couldn't go wrong, but last night I couldn't get my original idea to work at all. So I decided to put it all away and look at it again tonight. I changed everything except for the sketch I was going to use (SC150) and I think this card is now fit for a princess. I even used the grid pattern technique from today's Weekly Inkling on the River Rock panel behind the image. I needed just something extra and I don't have a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder that seemed to work.

Stamps: Stamping Bella~friends in all shapes and sizes
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Copic Markers
Paper: River Rock, Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey-Perhaps, PTI White
Accessories: Fiskers Paper Trimmer, Rhinestone Brads