Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Fun Challenge #29

Hi all! This is the last challenge I am hosting this month. So you will get a break from my ideas for a while. Since May is just around the corner I figured it was time to celebrate the April Showers that will bring those beautiful May flowers. To play along, you need to make a card that uses some sort of embellishment that mimics the shiny wet look of rain, rain dots, dew drops, Chrystal Effects, glaze pen, clear embossing powder or anything else you can come up with, as long as it is shiny and looks like rain. Don't forget to use the keyword FFC29 when uploading to SplitcoastStampers, or provide a link to your blog in my comment section.



I really took the April Shower theme literally with my creation, probably because we had some wicked rain storms earlier this week to put me in the mood. I used the Hanna Stamp set "Rain Rain Go Away." Hanna has some of the best boots EVER. I would love these boots and matching ensemble. I think the little ducky is thinking about jumping into that puddle to play.

How I did it

First, I stamped my Hanna image and then masked off the boots to stamp the puddle and lastly added the duck. After coloring the images with my Copics, I stamped the rain drops with VersaMark and used Clear Embossing powder to give them a wet look. Then I colored in my sky and created the ground as well. By coloring after I embossed it made the rain drops stand out a little bit, but not quite as much as I really wanted them to, so I added a little bit of my Stardust gel pen to the center of each of the rain drops to give them a little sparkle. I went over the puddle with my clear glaze gel pen and highlighted it with the Stardust pen. I mounted my image on Pacific Point and Certain Celery card stock. The background paper is from K & Co Urban designer paper pad. I like the way the paper looks a little muddled like it was in the rain (in my mind at least.) The Certain Celery Twill Ribbon form Sale-A-Bration adds a little element on the left and clear Rain dots adorn the right side corners of the card.


Details
Stamps: Hanna Rain Rain Go Away
Paper: PTI White, Certain Celery, Pacific Point, Urban by K and Co
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Versa Mark, Copic Markers
Accessories: Rain Dots, Stardust Gel Pen, Clear Gel Pen, Clear Embossing Powder

Check out the Friday Fun girls cards here:

Sherry - Stamping When I'm Not Working

Kim - Papertastic Creations

Jimmi - Stamping & Shopping

Sara -Expressions of a Creative Mind

*******Remember there is a mini VSN tomorrow. Please join us over at SplitcoastStampers for a fun get away. You can click on the blinkie on the right to take you there.

Also, there will be some special VSN Surprises tonight at 8:00 EDT. Be sure to check it out! *******

3 comments:

I would love to hear what you think :)