Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Fun Challenge #28

Happy Friday!

Pokey Dots-My girls are on a Pokey Dot kick lately. I recently received an order from AMuse with Cottage polka dot reverse Pretty Little Papers and the girls insisted that those were their papers. "Those are too small for Mommy. These are just ours." Can you blame them? Look how cute these 2x4 papers are.


http://www.amuseartstamps.com/CartGenie/prod-1985.htm
This week's challenge is to create a card with polka dots on it somewhere, background paper, accents, ribbon, or go crazy with a gel pen.

This may not be my best card ever. It was somewhere around midnight when I was working on it and while I had some good ideas, I'm not sure that it all came together that well, I needed to pay just a little more attention to some of the details and my brain wasn't working very well at that point. What is kinda cute is that on the image I used a clear gel pen on all the chocolate parts to make them a little shiny. I also used the stardust gel pen on the candy wrappers to give them a little sparkle. It's not a bad card, just not my best work. I made some more "pokey dot" creations for the tea party I am having with my girls this afternoon. I will post some of those pictures later.


Details
Stamps: Chocolate Assortment, Live on Chocolate by AMuse
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, WhisperWhite
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Assorted SU! Markers
Accessories: Silver Gel Pen, Stardust Gel Pen, Clear Gel Pen

Check out the Friday Fun girls cards here:

Sherry - Stamping When I'm Not Working

Kim - Papertastic Creations

Jimmi - Stamping & Shopping

Sara -Expressions of a Creative Mind

If you are going to play along (and I hope you do) don't forget to use the Keyword FFC28 when uploading to SplitcoastStampers.

3 comments:

I would love to hear what you think :)