Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October InStyle InSpiration

The air is getting a little bit crisper and our pumpkins are carved and out on the front step.  My house kind of looks like the InSpiration piece over at InStyle Stamps Blog. 

 

image photo credit: http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/pumpkins#slide_1

OK, not really.  BUT I have learned a handy tip from Ms Martha.  When you carve your pumpkins, rather than cutting off the top and then it shrinks and falls in and you have to stick your hand all the way in to light your candle or light…slice off the bottom,  the pumpkin will be even and you can light your candle and THEN put the pumpkin over it.  Now why didn’t people think of that sooner? 

Now to my card. 

I used Tilly and she will be available in store on Friday, October 22.  Look how cute she is swinging from the flowers.  I used lighter colors to represent the yellow light in the Inspiration piece and stair stepped my dies to mimic the stairs.  I guess my grouping of the light orange ribbon is kind of like the jack-o-lanterns. 

Play along with the InSpiration Challenge this month and you could win a grab bag from InStyle Stamps worth $25.  Check out the details on the InStyle Stamps Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think :)