Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sketchy Wednesday

Hi all.  I have a quick little project for you today.  It is the first Wednesday of the month which means it is Sketch Time over at the InStyle Stamps blog.  This month we not only needed to follow the sketch, but we also had to make our card an easel card.  I was a little scared at first, but really these are easy cards to make.  You can check out the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers for details.

I used cute little Ellie for my card today.  I love those big eyes.  This could be a great card for “I’m Sorry” or for a kids birthday.  I just had to paint Ellie’s nails, it was only fair, I have done all 3 of my kids toes last week, I got a pedi last night, so Ellie certainly needed to join in the fun. 

In addition to using the sketch from InStyle Stamps I have also made this card for

Cupcake Craft Challenges – Distressing

The Crazy Challenge – Olive, Fuchsia, Teal

Cinema Saturday – Bling and Sparkle

Stars and Stamps - Patterned Paper

I frayed my ribbon a bit to add to the distressing.  Tell me what you think? I used the new Olivia paper from BasicGrey which went perfectly with this image and also worked great with The Crazy Challenge this week.  I followed the lines of the paper and hand cut my own scallop for the panel on the left edge.

Ellie and some of her friends will be available for purchase at the InStyle Stamps Store on August 20th…..and the best part is that she is a digi image so you can start playing with her right away. 

15 comments:

  1. Ellie is so cute! very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie is darling with painted toe nails! I made my first easel card for this challenge too, I might have to do that again! I also used Ellie for the challenge at Operation Write Home, great minds... Thanks for playing along with us again this week at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Ellie is soooo adorable, love it!!! What a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...somehow I was lucky enough to get that sweet image. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great paper you used for this cute little elephant image. Nicely done! Thanks for posting over at OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card. How you did the ribbon was awesome and Ellie is too cute. Nice job knocking off a ton of challenges at once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Very cute and creative, and great play with the colors!
    Thank you for joining us at the "Crazy challenge". Hope to see you again!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. So cute little elephant.
    Thank you for joining as at The Crazy Challenge.
    Hope to see you again!

    Ivolina

    ReplyDelete
  9. The elephant is so cute, fab card,Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card and great distressing. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card... love the painted toes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous. Thank you for playing at Cupcake. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Crazy Challenge! Hope you will join us again next week!

    Hugs

    Neli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kimme,
    This is sooo cute! Did you see that you won over at The Crazy Challenge? Congrats!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :)