Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Fun #62

Sorry I am so late to post this.  Just like everyone else I am in the Christmas Rush to get things done, and one of my kids picked last night to get SICK.  I think I finally have all the laundry done from that....eeeeewwww.  So now you know that I have a good excuse, here is my creation for this week's challenge.  Jimmi challenged us to use Red, Blue and Yellow in our creations.  I started out making a card, and then at the last second decided to make a hot cocoa packet holder....one problem, I don't have any cocoa packets just Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast, so that will have to do for now. 

I love this little guy from Inky Antics.  I wish you could see all the glittery goodness I added to this card.  This is one time when the photograph doesn't do the card justice.  I used the clear gel pen on the nose, hoofs and antlers, and the Clear Star glittery gel pen on the cup and to highlight the yellow dots in the paper.  I also used the Blue gel pen to highlight the blue dots and to add an element around the image and sentiment. When all was said and done, it still needed some ribbon and something else, that's when I added the hole for the candy cane and tied the ribbon to it.  Over all I think this came out pretty cute. 

 


Details

Stamps:  CandyCane Reindeer
Paper: Lime Rickey-BasicGrey, Bliss Blue, White
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa.
Accessories: Ribbon, Clear Star Gel Pen, Glaze Gel Pen, Blue Gel Pen, 1/2" circle punch, candy cane, chocolate milk packet

Be sure to check out the other Friday Fun Girls' creations and if you play along add a link in the comments.  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! What a great little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmee;

    This is just adorable! I love the bright vibrant colors and the way you created a little candy cane holder as part of the chocolate drink mix container!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :)