Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Pressies

I decided to do these little gift sets for the teachers at Gymnastics and PreSchool for Christmas.  The coaster book has a white post it note pad and a mini calendar inside.  There is a padfolio, pen, and magnetic jumbo clip, all coordinated as well.  What's great about this project is that I am finally using up some of the items in my ITD (Intended To Do) Drawers.  You know, the little things you pic up to alter, and then never do. Yeah, I have about 4 BIG drawers dedicated to those items.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could whittle it down a bit....just to fill it up again later.  Yeah, I have a problem, but don't we all?  


 


Details


Paper: Ginger Blossom, Groovy Guava, Bliss Blue

Accessories:  RSVP Pens, Chipboard Coasters, Clips, Ribbon, Bind It All and Coils, Jr Legal Pads


One More Gift
Today was also the 50th Birthday of one of the Gymnastics Coaches.  The twins helped me make these candles for her.




I saw this tutorial on Ten Second Studio and ordered the tin from Taco Tuesday.  The twins helped me run the tin through the Cuttlebug with the d'Vine Swirl folder (the twins said it looked like waves and they want to go to the beach on vacation, so that's why they picked that folder) and then I trimmed it and they sanded off the color on the raised parts, then attached to the candle with thumb tacks.  Before wrapping them, I went over the candles with my heat gun.  It helped to even out some surface blemishes, and really helped to make them shiny and smell good.  This is a great 10 minute project, maybe even faster if you don't have 2 assistants. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I JUST LOVE THIS ALL!!!! I mean all of it. I had to go check out the Taco Tuesday just b/c of this you rocked it

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :)