Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Fun Challenge #46

This week Sara challenged us to make something wearable or usable. I had a jewelry kit in my cabinet i was all set to use, but it didn't leave much room to actually stamp something. So I went to plan B domino magnets.




I have had these dominoes for a while now and decided to crack open the seal on the box. This was really a fast project. I pulled out my Copics and my Airbrush and layered on some color onto the dominoes. I then pulled out my black StazOn pad and went to stamp the image from Pocket Silhouettes and oops. I'm not sure if it was because my ink pad wasn't very juicy or if it was because I know Copics and StazOn don't play nice, but instead of laying down color, only a little black stayed down and a few layers of the Copic ink were pulled off. I actually kind of like the effect, but it needed more. So I used my Brilliance Coffee Bean pad and stamped again and then heat set it. Nope, still needed more. I then used my White Brilliance pad to stamp the final image. I think over all there is a lot of depth to the color and images because of the layers I applied. Finally, I grabbed my red sticky tape and was happy to see that it was the perfect width to go around the tile. I had some gold leaf flakes sitting around and applied that to the tape. It gave the tiles a wonderful finishing touch.

I was going to add a pin backing to these, but can find them right now, so I added magnets instead.


Details

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Paper: NONE
Ink: Copic Markers, Black StazOn, Brilliance Coffee Bean, Brilliance White
Accessories: Red line tape, Gold Leaf, Magnet, Hot Glue

Don't forget to use keyword FFC46 if uploading to a gallery and please link back here. Check out the other Friday Fun Girls' creations. Kim is sitting this one out, but you can still leave her a little love.

5 comments:

I would love to hear what you think :)