Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fun and a Sinful Blog Hop

Hi all!  This week I have a twofer for you.  It's a double hop, our regularly scheduled Friday Fun Challenge and a new line of stamps released from Queen Kat Designs called Sin Bonnet Sue. 

Kim is our hostess this month and has given us this picture to as an inspiration piece.

A very yummy picture.  I wanted to use the colors as inspiration and came up with this:
Do you see that ribbon?  I just got it this week....you know how I like my ribbon and May Arts makes some great ribbons.

And another sample using TV Sue:

The Hubs was getting rid of some old work jeans and I decided to recycle them.  It really confused my kids why was I cutting up daddy's pants? hehe.  I think they look pretty good on this card.  I also used a small piece of the fabric to add some texture to the chair making it look like a nice worn denim chair. 

If you want to see more Sin Bonnet Sue samples (she is quite the character and gets herself in a lot of trouble ;) ) please check out the rest of Queen Kat blogs that are hopping today and then go to the store.  All rubber will be 10% off and acrylic stamps still in stock will be 60% off through Monday.

Queen Kat Designs
Meredith
Vicki
Shannon
Lara
DIS
Nancy
Jules
Kimme **You are Here**
Alex
QKD Store

And.....as always we would love for you to play along with us on the Friday Fun Challenge.  Please leave a link with your creation in the comments.  And check out the other Friday Fun Chicks cards too.


 
Enjoy your weekend. 

9 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Love the jeans treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so cute. Love the effect of the jeans, but that ribbon is fabulous too! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....I love how you used the jean on the card. It's so perfect with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the denim on the card! FABULOUS girl! You are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are adorable! I love what you did with the jeans. It makes me not want to give away the kids clothes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe cute cards. Love the use of the jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These came out so cute Kimme!! Love what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card- and the recycled jeans! CUTE idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! the jeans are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :)