National Confectioner's Association website: http://www.candyusa.com/index.cfm
Fun Facts About Chocolate
- Chocolate is America's favorite flavor. A recent survey revealed that 52 percent of U.S. adults said they like chocolate best. The second favorite flavor was a tie (at 12 percent each) between berry flavors and vanilla.
- U.S. chocolate manufacturers currently use 40 percent of the almonds produced in the United States and 25 percent of domestic peanuts.
- U.S. chocolate manufacturers use about 3.5 million pounds of whole milk every day to make chocolate.
- Sixty-five percent of American chocolate eaters prefer milk chocolate.
- The melting point of cocoa butter is just below the human body temperature (98.6 degrees) — which is why it literally melts in your mouth.
- Older children are significantly more likely to prefer chocolate than younger children (59 percent of 9-11year-olds prefer chocolate vs. 46 percent of 6-8 year-olds), according to an NCA survey.
You all know that I love Inky Antics, and here is another one of their stamps which is perfect for this card. I also know quite a few people who are currently dieting, so this is for them (you know who you are.) The nice thing about this stamp is that it is actually 3 stamps. I stamped the image first and then laid the two phrases on top of the image and put my acrylic block on top of them, no guessing about where each needed to go and I stamped the words once instead of having to line up twice. You could also use some o f the images of chocolate or cake in that space and put the second part of the sentiment on the inside. I love the diversity of this set. So many ways to make it look like that is how it was supposed to be.
Be sure to check out the other Friday Fun Girl's and if you would like to play along, just leave a comment with a link to your post.
Stamps: My Friend Ronnie Diet #1-Inky Antics
Paper: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip DSP, White
Ink: Tuxedo Black-Memento, Copics, Stardust Gel Pen
Accessories: Dew Drops, Sheer Ribbon,
I'll see you all tomorrow with a special post along the Operation Write Home Blog Hop. I also have an announcement to make, so be sure to check it out.