Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Fun Challenge #30

Happy May! Kim is the hostess for our Friday Fun Challenges this month. Today the challenge was: "Since Cinco de Mayo is coming up, make a FESTIVE card using bright colors....yellow, red, blue, and green. Interpret festive to fit your design." These are not colors that I normally grab for, but I have a 3rd Birthday party to go to next week so this card should be perfect.



This was a very quick card today. I am anxiously waiting for my husband to return home after being away for 7 weeks, and have spent the past few days trying to clean and make the house look decent, you know, like I have done something over the past 7 weeks and not just sit and stamp ;)

What you can't see in the picture is the glitter gel pens that I have used. I added stardust to the flames and as an accent around the cake and the plate. I then used a blue pen on the candles, it matched perfectly. The ribbon also has gel pen for the dots. I have had the ribbon for quite a while. It was a Target $pot item. The dotes were originally white, pink and red. With the help of a yellow Copic Marker the white turned yellow and I used gel pens for the blue and to highlight the red. Now I have coordinating ribbon for my card.

Details:
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy
Ink: Yoyo Yellow, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore
Paper: Yoyo Yellow, Real Red, Green Galore, Whisper White, (Retired SU! dsp, I'm not sure of the name)
Accessories: Stardust, Red and Blue gel pens, ribbon

Don't forget to visit the other Friday Fun Ladies. If you are playing along, and I hope you will, don't forget to add FFC30 to your keywords at Splitcoast Stampers, or add a link in my comments.


Sherry - Stamping When I'm Not Working

Kim - Papertastic Creations

Jimmi - Stamping & Shopping

Sara -Expressions of a Creative Mind

1 comment:

  1. Totally adorable card!! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :)