I went to my first SCS Shoe Box Swap this weekend and had so much fun. I can't believe I was able to get everything prepared just 3 weeks after having a baby. I will be showing you projects over the next few days.
So I had my card layout all ready by Tuesday night. I was quite impressed with myself. I just needed an embellishment to go in the right corner. First I thought a flower would look good, so I went out and bought some white paper flowers and used my reinker to color them Red Riding Hood. They came out great, but I couldn't find anything to put in the center that I liked. Then on Friday I was looking at the gallery on SCS and was inspired by my friend Kathy's (BeadFreak22) card and decided to use a jumbo paperclip and add the flower. For even more guidance I went back and looked at a paperclip that Kath had sent me quite a while ago when we were first getting to know each other. Thank You Kath. I happened to find one paperclip in my drawer and then decided that I would stop at the store on my way to the Swap and get a box. Well, it just happens that they were out of single boxes silver jumbo paperclips, so I had to get a 5 pack. I now have enough jumbo paperclips to keep me well supplied the rest of my stamping life. I am sure you will be seeing paperclips on quite a few upcoming projects and I will be sending a few with ever RAK. If you have any other ideas of how to reduce my supply, let me know.
This was my project with the directions I included in my shoe box.
Bella Rose Monkey
• Stamp Monkey image on large white rectangle using Brilliance Coffee Bean ink set aside to dry
• Stamp cupcake image on small white rectangle Brilliance Coffee Bean ink set aside to dry
• Fold Close to Cocoa cs along score line
• Attach large rectangle of dsp to Red Riding Hood card stock
• Attach Red Riding Hood panel to lower right of card front
• Attach small rectangle of dsp to Kiwi Kiss card stock
• Use adhesive along top, bottom and left side of Kiwi Kiss panel only, leaving an open pocket along right side
Create Paper Clip
Creating Paper Clip
• Cover front of small chip board flower with small Bella Rose dsp flower (one small dot of Mono Multi Glue on each petal works well for complete coverage.)
• Cover front and back of one large chipboard flower with Red Riding Hood card stock
• Cover back of second large chipboard flower with Red Riding Hood card stock.
• Cover front of second large chipboard flower with Bella Rose dsp.
• Fold ribbon in half and attach to back of cs covered flower
• Apply Red Sticky Strip over ribbon flower and on back of large dsp flower
• Create flower sandwhich
o Ribbon Flower
o Paper Clip (open end)
o Large dsp Flower
• Attach small flower to large dsp covered chipboard flower.
• Use markers to color monkey and cupcake images stamped earlier
• Attach monkey image to small Red Riding Hood panel
• Attach monkey to center of Kiwi Kiss panel
• Cut out cupcake
• Attach to monkey paw using dimensional
• Use Yellow Stickles on candle flame
• Apply Stardust Stickles to pink frosting on cupcake
• Slide flower paper clip onto the right side of the Kiwi Kiss panel