Friday, March 28, 2008

Faux Linene Dreams


Another late challenge card for my Fab/Sassy Friends. I have been really bad. Sorry about that. This week the challenge was to use any faux technique. I chose the faux linen technique.

First I stamped the Canvas Background in Groovy Guava on Glossy cs, then I sanded the piece. I started out roughing up the background with my sanding block, but I think that the grit is too fine so then I went to medium grade sandpaper. In the future I will just do the sandpaper and I think it will help the effect. Once it was all sanded I sponged So Safron onto the piece to highlight the scratches. I then stamped my images and trimmed the piece.

Here is the tutorial for the Faux Linen Technique.

Details

Stamps: Live your Dream, Canvas BG
Paper: Glossy White, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky dsp
Ink: So Saffron, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava
Accessories: Black Brads, Groovy Guava Ribbon, ticket corner punch
Techniques: Faux Linen, paper piercing

2 comments:

I would love to hear what you think :)