Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Felt Sassy

My Sassy Friends and I have taken a bit of a break from our normal weekly challenges, due to the holidays, but have started back this week. Our challenge this time was to use some of the new toys we were sure to acquire over the past few weeks.

For this card I used several new items:

*New BasicGrey Designer Paper "Perhaps"
*New colors of Copic Sketch Markers
*New CuttleBug Flower Dies
*New Felt

Never Before Used items:
*Red Stickles
*Sequins Flowers

This card started out simple enough. I stamped the flower and sentiment from Time Well Spent by Stampin' Up! using Graphite Black Brilliance Ink on Papertrey White card stock. The layout is similar to SC157 but does not quite fit and looked a bit plain so I added the extra vertical layer on the right, but I did want the first panel to remain offset to left so that the felt flower would have some room to pop off the page. The felt flower was very fun to make and is what inspired me to use this stamp set as well. The CuttleBug dies in the Flower set are in various sizes. This meant that I was able to cut the biggest flower first in the Red Glitter Felt then used the medium flower to cut out the center of the red flower and a second flower out of Pink Glitter Felt. I repeated this step with the smallest flower on white felt. I like the way that I was able to have a multi colored flower without too much added dimension. To finish off the flower I used 2 small pink sequins I had on hand. I bought these way back in May for the Flower Garden VSN, and never used them. They are very fun and coordinated with the felt flowers quite nicely. Lastly, I added the Stickles just to carry through the look from the Glittery Felt.

2 comments:

  1. pretty card Kimme ... glad to see you are enjoying your new toys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! You totally rocked using the new stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :)